Tuesday, February 17, 2009

American Apparel's Crusade Against Colorfastness

According to this nifty Fabric Feature Chart, the colorfastness of American Apparel fabrics is 'Superior.' So what's going on here? 


I've had this American Apparel t-shirt since Christmas and have washed it maybe three or four times the same way I wash all of my t-shirts, and yet, unlike my beefy ts or the ones from The Gap, I'm getting this sickly-looking orange rot appearing in the collar area. And this isn't the only one. In fact, most of my other American Apparel t-shirts (of whose fit and softness I am a big fan) display similar fading, or not-so-colorfastness. 

Pointers anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, does that happen to be a sustainable edition? I can't find your email here. Shoot me one at shawn[at]americanapparel[dot]net and we'll figure something out.

    ReplyDelete